January 20, 2008

The World is Spinning Faster!

I have a zillion things on my "things to do before the Millennium" lists. If it is true that we won't die until we finish our work here on earth, then I will truly live forever. Today my goal was to go to Paul's office, work there for a few hours and get him caught up, come home and pay bills, clean, do laundry, fix dinner and then just hang out. So far I managed to do a little laundry, go to the Workforce Housing meeting, then another meeting, then home to crash and burn and now burn daylight and valuable time on the computer messing around with creating a blog. Sheesh. where are priorities? Well, the dirty clothes and bills will be there tomorrow, but since the world is spinning faster and the hours and minutes are shrinking I will waste some of my valuable minutes and possibly hours reminiscing on the lost efforts of the day; better yet, I will reminisce on the wonderful family time we had tonight, the great people I met with today and the exciting developments that are happening in our fair city and the root beer floats that just tickle my granddaughter, Sierra.There is a 7 am meeting at the hospital, I better get some sleep so I can concentrate deeply to understand anything at all that is discussed in the Patient Safety meeting (did you know that the medical profession has a secret language of acronyms that you only understand after an additional 8-10 years of school?)